WEMET PRIZE DRAW / SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND TERMS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING TO THESE WEMET PRIZE DRAW / SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND TERMS
NOTE FOR AMERICAN USERS OF ANY OF THE WEMET APP: As used herein, the term “prize draw” means a “sweepstakes”.
These Terms were adopted on the 3 rd day of January 2017. We may amend these Terms from time to time at our sole and absolute discretion. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as by accepting these terms you agree that such changes are binding on you and also agree that your usage of the app and participation in the Wemet Prize Draw after these terms have been modified, with or without notice to you signifies your acceptance of the amended terms and that in case you disagree at any time with the terms of this agreement, any issued Prize Draw tickets will be invalid and any won prizes will be forfeited and will not be reinstated.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. HOWEVER FROM TIME TO TIME ANY OF THE WEMET APPS MAY OPERATE PROMOTIONS WHICH ENTITLE YOU TO EXTRA PRIZE DRAW TICKETS FOR CERTAIN IN APP AND ONLINE PURCHASES.
These are the rules that apply to our free to enter prize draw (the “Wemet Prize Draw”). The Wemet Prize Draw is organised by Wemet Management Services, a limited company registered in the UK with the company number 9251636, registered office at 3 Montpelier Avenue, Bexley, Kent, DA5 3AP and VAT registration number 221540552 (“Wemet”, “we”, “us”).
In addition to these prize draw rules (the “Prize Draw Rules”), the following terms and policies of the specific Wemet App or Apps you are using also apply to your participation in the Wemet Prize Draw:
- Terms of Services
- Acceptable and Fair Use Policy and
- Cookies Policy
Please read these Prize Draw Rules, and the above terms and policy, carefully. Your attention is drawn in particular to the limitations of our liability contained in these Prize Draw Rules. The Terms and Policy can be found at www.wemetprizedraws.com and can also be found in the Wemet Apps, which are listed at the bottom of this document.
By downloading, installing or using the app on an iOS product, you agree to and acknowledge the “Notice Regarding Apple,” below.
The draw is in no way affiliated with sponsored by or operated in conjunction with Apple.
THE WEMET PRIZE DRAW
- The Wemet Prize Draw will be held on a weekly basis with the entry period (each such period a “Draw Period”) running from Friday 17:00:10 UTC to the following Friday 17:00:00 UTC each week and the prize winners drawn every Friday at 17:30:00 UTC (the “Draw Time”). Before the beginning of a new Draw Period, we reserve the right to change the day, time or frequency of the prize draw (each, a “Draw”) and to stop having new Wemet Prize Draws.
- By accepting these Prize Draw Rules, you agree to be bound by these Prize DrawRules.
- Entries for each Draw (each such entry a “Ticket”) are issued during each Draw Period, which opens at 17:00:10 UTC every Friday and closes at 17:00:00 UTC every following Friday. The specific schedule for the current and the upcoming Prize Draw is available in the Prize Draw section within any of the Wemet apps and listed on the www.wemetprizedraws.com.. Winners shall be randomly selected from a pool of alleligible Tickets generated during the applicable Draw Period.
- Each Draw will constitute a separate prize draw, distinct from all previous Draws.Entry to each Draw is automatic for each Eligible Entrant (as defined in rule 8 below).To be eligible for a prize, you must be an Eligible Entrant.
- You will be able to participate in the Wemet Prize Draw with only one mobile number per device. If you use multiple mobile numbers on the same device, then only the mobile number associated with the account which was registered last prior to the conclusion of the Draw shall be considered to be eligible to win in the Prize Draw.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Wemet Prize Draw or amend the Prize Draw Ruleswithout notice in the event there is any actual or anticipated breach of any applicablelaw or regulation, unauthorised human intervention, fraud or any other event outsideour reasonable control (including without limitation by reason of a virus or bug). Wemay also amend the Prize Draw Rules for any reason. If we do amend the Prize DrawRules, such changes will not take effect until the following Draw. Any changes will benotified to you within the Wemet App and displayed on our website at www.wemetprizedraws.com.
- We also reserve the right to cancel individual Wemet Prize Draw entries withoutliability to affected participants if the security or proper administration of the WemetPrize Draw or the validity of a Wemet Prize Draw entry is adversely affected. In theevent of cancellation, termination or suspension, we may, at our discretion, selectprize winners from eligible, non-suspect or unaffected entries, received prior to theevent requiring such cancellation, termination or suspension.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Prize Draw Rules or the conduct, results andall other matters relating to the Wemet Prize Draw, our decision shall be final andbinding, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Wemet Prize Draw. However, to be entered into a Draw and to be able to claim your prize, you must be an Eligible Entrant, which means that:
- you have collected at least one Ticket for the relevant Draw (see rule 18 forfurther details on how to collect Tickets);
- you have at least one friend listed in your Wemet Contacts at the time of theprize draw;
- You were a legal resident of a Qualifying Country at the time that you registeredyour Wemet Account and remain so at Draw Time. Qualifying countries are:United Kingdom; India; Ukraine and the United States and the District ofColumbia excluding Florida and New York;
- You were at least 18 years old at the time you registered your Wemet Account.
- If we discover or have grounds to suspect that you are unfairly increasing yourchances of winning a prize, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to disqualifyyou from the Wemet Prize Draw and or to close any or all of your Wemet AppAccounts with immediate effect and without liability to you. This includes, but is notlimited to:
- registering more than 3 separate Wemet App accounts;
- using automated systems or 3rd party apps.
- adding contacts ‘with fabricated, invented, or otherwise fake’ accounts notassociated with a living person – even if you did not register that ‘fake’ accountyourself.
- Wemet may prohibit a participant from participating in the Prize Draw or winning aprize if, at its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is intending toannoy, abuse, threaten or harass other entrants or Wemet representatives. If youleave comments on social media or websites which contain abusive, offensive orderogatory language towards or denigrate us or our services, you may bedisqualified from the Wemet Prize Draw.
- Our employees, officers and directors and members of the families of our employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter the Wemet Prize Draw. Members of families of our employees, officers and directors shall mean and include only the spouses and children of our employees, officers and directors.
- We reserve the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) forany particular Draw if we become aware or have reasonable grounds to believe thata prize winner is not eligible for any reason.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimateoperation of the Wemet Prize Draw or a particular Draw is a violation of criminal andcivil laws and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seekremedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminalprosecution.
- If you cease to be a registered user of the Wemet App, or we suspend or terminateyour access to the Wemet App for any reason, or you are disqualified from a Draw atany time before the relevant Draw Time, you will forfeit all Tickets collected inrespect of that Draw and you will not be eligible to win a prize in that Draw.
- It is a condition of entry that these Prize Draw Rules and our decisions are acceptedas final and binding. Participants agree to abide by these Prize Draw Rules.
- If we suspend your access to any of the Wemet App in accordance with these PrizeDraw Rules or the Terms of Service, you will not collect any Tickets for any Draw forthe duration of the suspension irrespective of the outcome of any investigation. Ifwe later restore your access following a finding that you were not in breach orotherwise at fault, then any Tickets collected up to the time of the suspension will berestored to your Wemet Account and will count towards the next Draw, subject toyour continuing eligibility under these Prize Draw Rules.
- Please be aware that although entry to the Wemet Prize Draw is free of charge, yourservice provider will charge you for the data you consume whilst using one or moreof the Wemet App. In the USA, your service provider may charge you for the SMS wesend to verify your mobile phone number. We have no control over and do notreceive any part of such charges. It is your responsibility to ensure that youunderstand the charges which may be levied by your service provider.
- Registered users of one or more of the Wemet App can collect Tickets for each Draw in a variety of different ways.
- The ways in which you can collect Tickets for each Draw may vary from week to week and also from each Wemet App but will always be notified to you in the “How to Earn Tickets” screen in the Wemet app,When you first register for Wemet App, the ways in which you can collect Tickets for that week’s draw will be shown to you in a series of screens. You will therefore always know exactly how you can collect Tickets from the outset of the relevant Draw.By way of example only, the ways in which a Ticket can be collected might include any one or more of the following ways (or any other way deemed appropriate by us and disclosed to you in accordance with this rule 19):
- you sending a message using the Wemet App on any day during the Draw Period(only the first message of the day results in the collection of a Ticket);
- one of your phone contacts (i.e. a person whose telephone number is saved in the contacts list on your Device) (each, a “Contact”) registering a Wemet Accountfor the first time, irrespective of whether it is using the Wemet App
- We reserve the right to change the way in which Tickets may be collected, at anytime and for any reason provided that we will disclose to you such changes and suchchanges will only take effect from the beginning of the next Draw Period.
- If for any reason we fail to give Tickets, when Tickets should have been given inaccordance with the Rules that applied at the time, we will make best efforts to give those Tickets to the user(s) that should have received them, in a subsequent prizedraw. This process is at our discretion and we accept no liability for failure to giveTickets.
- Only Eligible Entrants are entitled to win prizes in any given Draw. Only Eligible Entrants with at least one friend listed in their Wemet App’s Contacts at the time ofthe prize draw will be accepted as winners.
- The total prize fund for any given Draw, as well as the number and value of each individual prize, may vary between each Draw. The number and value of prizes per Prize Draw will always be set before each Draw begins.
Unless otherwise notified, the prizes for the Wemet Prize Draw will be as follows:
- One First Prize of either £500, US$ 500, INR ₹50,000 or 13483 UAH
- 100 Second place runner up prizes either £5, US$5, INR₹500 or 135 UAH
- 250 Third place prizes either £1, US$1, INR₹100 or 27 UAH
- 15,000 Fourth place prizes either 12p, 16c, INR₹10 or 3 UAH
- Giving a total prize pot either of £2750, US$2,750, INR₹2,75,000 or 74147.5 UAH
The number and value of these prizes can also be found on the ‘Prize Draw’ screen of the Wemet App, and on the Wemet Website at www.Wemet.com/the-draw/ (the “Prize Page”).
- The winners for each Draw will be selected at the end of the Draw Period (Draw Time) by a random computer process, and in accordance with these terms. If the computer process is interrupted or fails due to technical or any other reason, it will be conducted or repeated as reasonably possible following such interruption or failure.
- The chances of winning a prize in a given Draw will depend on the total number of Eligible Entrants, the number of Tickets they have each collected and the number of prizes in the draw.
- Potential prize winners will be notified through the Wemet App within 4 hours of the Draw Time. Non-winners will not be notified.
- For all prize winners, the win notification will lead you to an in-app screen where you will be asked to enter your date of birth to confirm your age in order to identify if you are an eligible entrant as per Rule 8. Wemet also reserves a right to ask you to submit your necessary documents in order to verify your age at the time of claiming your prize. You will also be provided with an option to inform people on your friend list about the win. You will receive your prize only by way of direct bank transfer, or into a PayTM wallet if you have won INR₹500 or below and are an Indian resident. In order to collect your prize, you will be required to provide your own bank details, or PayTM wallet details. Transfer of prize amount will be done only to winner’s bank account and not any other bank account which does not belong to the winner. If you have won a non-taxable prize, to claim your prize, you must submit the in-app claim within 72 hours from the time of notification. If you have won a taxable prize, you will have to claim your prize by submitting the in app claim along with all the necessary supporting documents within the time limit prescribed by Wemet in the win notification. Confirmation of your status as a winner and receipt of your prize is conditioned on Wemet verifying your eligibility and compliance with the Prize Draw rules. Once a winner is confirmed, Wemet will transfer the money through local agents incorporated in the country where the winner is resident. The money shall be transferred to the winner within 7- 10 working days. Also, the winners will be asked to upload a photo of themselves which will be displayed in the winners section to comply with our obligations to disclose the identity of the winners (see rule 43).
- Wemet, in its sole discretion, may require each potential winner to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release after prize notification. If a prize winner is resident in the USA, they may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with their full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings over $600 will be reported to the IRS.
- For any potential winner found ineligible or in violation of these Prize Draw Rules or who declines to accept his/her prize or otherwise forfeits his/ or her prize, an alternate prize winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible Tickets for the applicable Weekly Draw, without liability to the prize winner. Any prizes which have not been claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Prize Draw Rules within 7 days of our initial potential winner notification will be forfeited to us by the potential prize winner. No compensation will be given to an individual who forfeits his or her prize.
- It is your responsibility to submit the relevant claim information accurately and fully. We will not be responsible for any errors in your claim information. By way of example, if we pay your prize to the incorrect bank account as a result of your providing inaccurate bank account details, we will have no liability to you whatsoever for your loss of the prize.
- If any advertised non-cash prizes are not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize which we consider to be equivalent or otherwise appropriate in the circumstances.
- Prizes are not transferable and no part of any prize is exchangeable for cash (if a non-cash prize) or for any other prize.
- All federal, state and local taxes, and any unspecified costs and expenses, related to any prize are the sole responsibility of each prize winner. For Indian users, tax will be deducted at source in accordance with the prevailing tax laws at the time of winning for any prize above INR 10,000. For Indian users who have won a prize above INR 10,000, we will contact you and ask you for additional information (i.e. PAN card details) to process the payment.
GOVERNING LAW AND LIABILITY
- The Wemet Prize Draw and Prize Draw Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes in relation to them will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You acknowledge that, with respect to any claim by such entrant relating to or arising out of a Prize Draw, the damage, if any, thereby caused to you will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, and your rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- Subject to rule 38 below, we accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants of the Wemet Prize Draw or as a result of participation, attempted participation or acceptance of any prize.
- Nothing in these Prize Draw Rules shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability which may not be lawfully limited or excluded under English law. Further, nothing in these Prize Draw Rules shall affect your statutory rights including in relation to any goods received as prizes.
- By entering the Wemet Prize Draw, participants agree that we shall bear no liability for: (a) the loss, theft or misuse of any prize; or (b) any damage in any way attributable to this Wemet Prize Draw, subject to Rule 38. Except as set forth in Rule, each participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Wemet and its affiliates, successors and assigns and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and licensees from and against any and all liability, losses, harm, damages, injury, claims, suits, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or resulting from such participant’s preparation for or participation in the Prize Draw and Prize Draw-related activities, possession, acceptance, use and/or misuse of any prize and any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, false endorsement, breach of contract and/or merchandise delivery. Wemet is not responsible if Prize Draw cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of Wemet’s reasonable control. Wemet is further not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Prize Draw, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Prize Draw or downloading any materials in this Prize Draw.
- The Wemet Prize Draw is only intended to be accessed from Qualifying Countries by residents of Qualifying Countries (see rule 8). If you are not resident in a Qualifying Country at both time of registration for Wemet and at Draw Time, you are not permitted to enter the Wemet Prize Draw and you will not be eligible for a prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the prize claim documents.
- We do not make any representation that materials relating to the Wemet Prize Draw are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you view these Prize Draw Rules from outside a Qualifying Country you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
- The Wemet Prize Draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered or associated with the provider of any goods or services which might be supplied as non-cash prizes.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- Prize winners may be requested to take part in promotional activities in relation to the Wemet Prize Draw and/or the Wemet App, although there is no obligation to do so. We reserve the right to use the first and last names of prize winners in any publicity.
- By entering the Wemet Prize Draw, you acknowledge and accept that if you win a prize we will have the right to disclose your first and last names along with a photograph of the winners and county (for UK residents) or country (for non-UK residents) in the list of winners made available to all registered users within the Wemet App and on the Wemet Website. The list will be available for a period of 14 weeks from the date of the relevant Draw. You acknowledge and accept that we are required to disclose such information by Rule 8 of the UK’s CAP Code (and other applicable laws) and that if you refuse to provide such information or provide false information to us you will forfeit your right to receive the prize. If we provide any prizes to you but we later discover that the information you provided to us was false, you agree to return the prize, or in the case of cash prize repay the prize money, to us on demand.
- If you have any questions regarding the Wemet Prize Draw or these Prize Draw Rules, you can contact us by prepaid post to Wemet Management Services at 3 Montpelier Avenue, Bexley, Kent, DA5 3AO or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like a copy of the list of winners for any Weekly Draw, please send a self-address, stamped envelope to “Wemet Prize Draw,”3 Montpelier Avenue, Bexley, Kent, DA5 3AO within 12 to 14 weeks after the applicable Weekly Draw with a note identifying the Weekly Draw date.
- The following is a list of mobile applications that are participating in the Wemet Prize Draws and this may change from time to time:
- n-gage Messenger
- Zulka App
- n-gage Ukraine
Version 12 : 12 th May 2017